Sigma Chi Eta (SCH) is the official community college honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). Since 2000, SCH has fostered growth in the Communication discipline among two-year colleges and universities.
Every year, Sigma Chi Eta inducts and rewards new outstanding Communication students while exploring options for community college students to transfer to four-year colleges or universities or enter the workforce. Once inducted, a student is a member for life and is expected to always strive for excellence. It is the hope of SCH and NCA that each member will maintain a relationship with his or her alma mater, faculty, and other students of the discipline.
The Six Goals of Sigma Chi Eta:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
- Establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students
- Explore options for further undergraduate/graduate studies
For more information visit http://www.natcom.org/sigmachieta/